2 Image Stack
Third-Party Certifications and Honors
Our sustainability programs have earned the endorsements of a number of international third-party certifications and awards including recognition as the 2013 Green Company of the Year by The Drinks Business, Europe’s leading beverage industry trade publication. They honored us for our longstanding track record of environmentally friendly business practices with a clear vision for the future and far reaching commitment to sustainability.
- 2016 California Green Medal Leader Award – The most prestigious sustainability honor in the California wine community, this award is given for sustainable leadership and excellence in balancing environmentally sound practices, social equity and economic viability. The Green Medal Award is presented by the California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance, Sonoma County Winegrowers, and Napa Valley Vintners, among other leading industry organizations.
- Green Power Leadership Award – Jackson Family Wines was one of 18 organizations to receive the EPA’s Green Power Leadership Award for our strategy and performance in energy conservation and renewable energy use. Other recipients included Intel, Google and the City of San Francisco.
- Renewable Energy Certificates – We purchase certified wind power for 130% of our annual usage including 100% for our operations and 30% for our 1,100 employees’ home usage – a first for any company. This places us in the EPA’s Top-30 purchasers of 100% renewable power.
- California Code of Sustainable Winegrowing (CCSW) – All our vineyards and wineries were certified in 2010.
- Sustainability In Practice (SIP) – We began certifying in 2008; all vineyards were certified in 2011.
- LEED – Two of our buildings have been awarded LEED GOLD certification, the internationally recognized standard for increased energy efficiency, material reuse and reduction of associated greenhouse gas emissions.